The FRP pipe is consist of inner layer, Structural layer and outer
layer. Its characteristics are:
- Lightweight, high strength and high stiffness, its density is
1.5-1.9, equals one fifth of steel pipe, one fourth of cast steel
pipe and three fourth of pretensioned concrete pipe(PCP).
- Corrosion-resistant property. The Corrosion-resistant property of
FRP pipe is mainly relied on the inner resin, and it can be
selected based on the condition of the media.
- Good hydraulic property. The inner surface of the FRP pipe is very
smooth, its friction coefficient (f) is 0.000915 after performed
the relative testing, the water conservancy factor (c) can be kept
within 145 and 150 during a long period.
- health property. For the pipe which be used for transporting the
potable water, the food grade resin will be used. It has been
approved by the relative national sanitary authority.
- Shock resistance. It doesn’t occur delamination and cracking under
the condition of deformation of 25%.
- Abrasive resistance. The inner surface is made of one kind of resin
with good abrasive resistance, so it can improve the abrasive
resistant property of the FRP pipe.
- Low temperature resistant property. There will not be cracking
under the condition of -40 degrees and the strength doesn’t
- It can be used for different kind of environment, such as beach,
benthal, river, mountain area, marshland, desert and plain etc.
The FRP pipes of KNT have been awarded the “TOP BRAND OF CHINA” in